Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lessons from Lori and More


Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NIV

I have been noticing a change in my demeanor lately . Im not sure when it started . Definitly after Lori and I a Started going to Springhouse worship and Arts center . I do know at one point I suddenly stopped hearing the Message from the Pulpit as something to share with people I thought needed to hear the message, and realized instead the message might be for me to put into practice  .
I used to be the guy who loved sharing bad news with people . Most of my conversations would begin with " did you hear about ? " . Disasters , Sordid murders , Infidelity, Greed , Corruption ...I enjoyed being the messenger of bad news . Its not an easy Job , mostly because there is so much competition in that department .
What is changing is I am more interested in the GOOD news ... I am beginning to think that one of the reasons I enjoyed sharing Bad News is it made me seem less bad ...Like the Pharisee who was thanking God for not being like that sinner over there .
You know the bible encourages us to share the GOOD News , and if you look carefully it strongly suggests that sharing bad news is more like bating for the other team .
My wife has been a great witness and encourager to me . She is a Good New person .for several years she had to remind me almost Daily to " Be not anxious for anything ". She ministers to me with her daily walk of being obedient to Philippians 4:8.
" Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
As I mentioned I am going through some changes ...Part of the Change has been realizing just how many people are caught up in the Bad News Buisness . In this Case when I say People I mean Christians .
I have stopped going into Christian Chat rooms for this reason . and more recently I have chosen to hide posts and De Friend acquaintances on FB who insist on posting " Bad News " .
Most of us are familiar with Galations 5: 22-24 :
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires
Have you noticed this amazing declaration is sandwiched between : The acts of the flesh are obvious: hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy....And " Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.. ?
There is no shortage of people in the world who want to remind us of the BAD news . There are even some who make a living out of promoting the Bad News . But I want to be more like my wife , more like the leadership of our Church , and the Brothers and Sisters in our Church who are daily walking in obedience to Gods word ...Giving thanks for all things , Praising His Sovereignty , and thinking on the Good News , and applying it to their lives ....
Commenting and pointing out the sins of others does not purify me , it does not sanctify me , it does not raise me up ...it does quite the opposite . 

No comments:

Post a Comment