Sunday, April 14, 2013

Like a Boat out of water




Its late and I cannot sleep. I feel so torn between place and people . Lori and I had a wonderful day here on the Oregon Coast ..the weather forecast called for rain , but no rain came . Instead a beautiful spring day with marshmallow clouds and baby blue skies . We visited the beach and did some exploring at the Marina and the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area .
The trip to Oregon is starting to come together . The photography has been good , in some ways much better than expected . Our new " home " in Reedsport is beyond my expectations .and its even furnished !
But I am troubled . I miss my friends , I miss our church ... More than I imagined I would. I am like a boat out of water .
The Problem is I can't fully understand why I am feeling this way . I could spend the rest of life in this location ..there is so much to see , so many photo opportunities. For the first time since we left Tennessee I can actually breath , My eyes have cleared up ....I feel great ! The climate here is perfect . During the summer a warm day may nudge 80 degrees . Fresh Produce from the valley , and fresh fish off the boats in the harbor . No sales Tax !
And yet ....I feel empty something is missing . Like that boat out of water , the vessel is intact ...but its definitely out of place.
Its been a very rough month since we left Tennessee ...Both Lori and I have struggled with our health , lack of sleep ..the trip has cost us much more than we expected ..but I also know God has been there with us each day .
And to be fair our struggles ..are somewhat small compared to the struggles of others ....we have so much to be thankful for , so many blessings poured into us . So many people in our lives who love us and care for us .
Today we went to a small church here in Reedsport. It was good to be in the house of the Lord , we were known in advance of our arrival , a friend from our past in Florence was known to many there , and we were not strangers . But both Lori and I left missing Springhouse .
Once back home I discovered a bookkeeping error I had made in our Bank account.... Another Stumbling block ...Time for prayer ....
Since we have been married , God has insisted that we learn to trust Him for our daily provision ...And He continues to remind us daily of His love , and grace for us . 

No comments:

Post a Comment